Thursday, January 24, 2013

Back to school

Well, its back to school time.
Have been in my own comfort zone for so long its sure weird to be back in school.
Forced myself to come back for some workshop so as to get accustomed to school and prep myself for the impending term.
I have been detached from this "society" for far too long.

Had Glee training today too.
Didn't expect it to last for so long (5.45 pm till 9 pm), I guess someone had mentioned it before but I just can't be bothered.
My mind had already switched off from it since ages ago.
The drive just wasn't there anymore.
They were all serious and had some "pep talk" at the beginning of the session, instead of motivating me it had the opposite effect.
My mind was bent on quitting the entire time.
Then John, our instructor, came and things started to turn for the better.
He was so fun and inspiring today, much unlike how he behaved before the competition.
I guess money was part of the reason, we are paying him this time.
Well, he knew what he was doing and the session was so fruitful!
I'm so glad that he made Tim appear to be such a lousy instructor XD.
However, once again I struggled with my parts in the Bass section.
It was so fast, he simply played the keys once on the keyboard and expected us to catch it.
I was pretty lost and stressed and it reminded me of the helpless moments before the competition, felt so awful, wanted to quit so badly.
It didn't help that some people in my section was like -roll eyes- cannot sing but wanna act pro. He kept singing so loudly (and badly) beside me, blasting right into my ears and made me follow his horrid singing.
Nonetheless, it ended well and I even got a mini "solo" part.
That kept me motivated and wanna be better :)

Next I was so overjoyed when i discovered that the gym was opened at 10.30pm!
Honestly, I was rather pessimistic and was all prepared for it to be locked. But I still made the trip to find out for myself.
Was a little annoyed with the glee session which had ruined my gym plans for the day, but fortunately the gym was still opened and my day was "saved",
It was too early to sleep then and I was so guilty that I haven't gym today.
By the way, I have derailed from my plans and promises.... I was a bum yesterday :(
But its okay i guess since I'm still trying to jump start my training regime and I was still sore all over from Monday.
I need to reach a point where my body is conditioned enough to workout everyday.

Anyway, let me show you my little progress thus far.
Feel so good about myself every time after I gym and get all pumped.


As much as I seemed to enjoy torturing myself in the gym, I do not like it.
It's an arduous task to get your lazy ass out of your comfort zone and push yourself in the gym.
However, I had a goal in mind and I am determined to achieve it.
If I wanted a hot bod worthy of showing, I've got to do this religiously.

Nevertheless, its heartening to note that exercising is something magical.
As one exercises our body generates endorphin which makes one feels good, hence, one just has to grit his teeth to get pass the initial stage and the rest will be a pretty happy journey.
In fact, after the initial painful 15-20 mins I couldn't stop working out.
I kept thinking of different stuff to do and didn't want to call it a day, not until I was really satisfied.
I just needed to restore the state I had when I was on a similar regime last year and it will be all smooth sailing.

Alright, its 2 am on a Thursday morning.
My roomie is sleeping and I'm typing away in the dark.
I've got to sleep too for I have a UPOP workshop at 9 am later.
I wonder how I'm gonna wake up when I've been waking up only after 12 pm daily for the past few weeks.
Oh swell, I'm so gonna ache all over tomorrow.
In fact, I can feel a little of the soreness already.
But gym-ing today was all worthwhile, I can skip a session tomorrow and I have enough rest to workout again on Friday.
Glad I had an eventful day today, good night!

Scott signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment