The camera flashes, the fame and the glamorous Hollywood.
What does it mean when one says that he wants to be an actor?
Is it because of fame, money and attention?
Or is there something else?
Nonetheless, lets talk about acting and me.
Believe it or not I actually attempted an audition for Drama club when I was in Sec 1.
Oh, thinking of it sends shivers down my spine, it was an utter embarrassment.
Obviously I didn't make it to the club and that acting interest was lost since the failed audition.
No, it wasn't lost it was just buried and I believed it resurfaces unknowingly when the opportunity arises.
I remembered back in JC when we were on a school trip in Yangshou, I just had the urge to impersonate that poor tour guide with his funny English.
I don't know what came over me but I actually did a silly stand-up comedy impersonating him as I presented some learning points to the entire group that went on the trip.
That was really silly but I really enjoyed it, I guess perhaps I loved the attention both during the act and in its aftermath.
No wait, or do I just love to do stupid stuff to entertain and make people laugh?
This reminds me of these 2 videos during one of my Taiwan trip. (they can be found at the bottom of this page)
Silly stuff I did in the spur of a sudden crazy idea.
After I entered Uni, I did quite a bit of nonsense too.
First it was the Gangnam style parody which was quite fail but had such an impact on my school life.
Then came the "air-con" promotional video for my school.
http://youtu.be/KJO5yVNR3a8
Recently, we had a project and somehow I found myself acting again.
1) A promotional video for some new camera
http://youtu.be/-YpYH4pc5R8
2) A promotional video for a fictitious hydrophobic spray we created called "can't touch this"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCsLMILjYvI
3) A promotional video for a fictitious whiteboard duster we created called "Aduster"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYE5cPwr8Ec
I resisted watching the videos at first due to the influence of Johnny Deep, he doesn't watch his own movies.
Then I relented.
I realized I was so bad, I acted so badly (especially for the second video)!
I wondered why my groupmates kept claiming that I acted very well during the day of the project.
I acted so badly yet I had the cheek to accept their praises and get flattered by it.
Oh mannn, I even said I wanna join drama club if the school had one.
Nevertheless, I have to give recognition to my groupmates for the pretty good video editing and choice of music.
Despite this, I think....perhaps I do really have an inclination to want to be an actor.
I think I tweeted about this sometime ago when I was so into Les Mis and watched a series of actor interviews and stuff.
I said "Sometimes i just wished that I could be an actor. Why study engineering when I should be in drama school?"
That tweet may appear to be a spur of a moment tweet, but is there some truth to it?
I really do want to join a drama club in school and act in some school production.
I am so eager that I'm ready to quit Glee anytime and jump over to drama immediately if someone sets up a drama club.
In fact, perhaps why I wanted to joined Glee in the first place was due to the subtle acting factor during show choir performances.
But that didn't turn out well in reality thus it got really boring.
Alright, these are all I have to share today.
First day of school blues :(
Cya.
Scott signs off.
No comments:
Post a Comment