Yeah, I really dislike my class.
There was this one person with the same sentiment who shared something about hating his/her class on the SUTD confession page and I had this burning desire to go 'like' it to show my approval, but sadly I can't due to the dire consequences involved.
For the past 2 terms I've been hanging out with the people in my CCA who are in my class, thus I thought I had a sense of belonging in this class.
But this term, I decided to leave that CCA for good and seek a new life.
Why did I do this?
I felt the life of singing and dancing is too much of a loser and I had enough of trying to be a fairy.
So I said, enough is enough and I need to return to being a man and do manly stuff.
Thus, the gym-ing, basketball and what not came.
Nonetheless, this isn't the point.
Now that I don't have a clique anymore, I began to see the class more clearly.
I got to be in the perspective of those who do not have a clique in this class and I realised....
This class really suck!
That's the reason why almost everyone (except the same few people) leave the class immediately after the last lesson daily.
What I'm gonna say next might offend some but I don't really care, this is my point of view.
In the first 2 weeks, I would exit the classroom immediately after class to lead my own life of solitude.
However, recently I somehow became more "nua"(and many be due to the rain) I decided to stay back in class for a while.
I realised that its the same few people who stays back in class everyday.
Before you think that they are all very hardworking and are studying, let me stop you right here.
No, they are not studying.
They are wasting their time playing computer games (game after game) or doing some fairy stuff.
They say who you hangout with defines who you are and I really think this gang simply reinforces each others' habits.
Seriously? Gaming in class, are you like in secondary school or something?(Cos that was the last time I was so into dota)
They might think that my obsession with gym-ing and what not is a waste of time, but whatever.
Leading a sedentary lifestyle really makes me roll my eyes.
In addition, it's ok that you all play computer games for leisure but still has your priorities on academics(cos that's why you come to University, if not you can live in a lan shop).
But no, some(not all) clearly are not here to study.
Skipping lessons for the whole day and only appearing late in the afternoon to find playmates and have fun.
Really?
Next, computer games aside.
I'll talk about guitar.
I'm not against guitar, but somehow these people have made me see this musical instrument with distaste.
It's really cool to know how to play a guitar and I really admire those who can play it well and perhaps sing with it.
But other than playing computer games, some will be strumming away aimlessly throughout the night.
It's ok if you strum away gleefully when your studies is very zhai, I really respect some people in other classes.
I call those people talented.
But if you skip school all day(while leaving your bag hogging a table in class) but appear in the night to strum and make a hell lot of noise, it's just pathetic.
Period.
How different are you from a mat?
I really think the people in my class are really....wdv...
While the more sensible ones pack up and leave straight away after class(cos they know they have better stuff to do than waste their life away), the less sensible ones remain in class.
Ok, I think I've got it.
My class suck because of the people.
The more matured people are super competitive and are in their own elitist world, the "most happening" people are downright laid back, then there is a bunch of bimbos and finally the rest in limbo seek their life outside this class with no life.
Somehow, I feel that this cohort structure is like a cage.
It restricts me from reaching out and interacting with people outside my class.
Everyone in this school seem to stick to their clique in their class.
The only way to break out of this predicament is to have a CCA and hangout with people in your CCA.
But since I decided to quit being a fairy, I have just closed that door.
My new CCA basketball can be a plausible new door but well, I'm too new to the group and the people there have their own cliques too.
Hai, how I wished I was in another class where sports is hot.
It's really hard transiting from being a fairy to trying to have my old sporty life back.
So I think the conclusion here is, I should revert to my life of solitude so I will not be so disgusted.
There better be a good reason or I shall leave the class immediately after lessons.
Socialising is not a good reason cos the people and environment in the post lesson class simply disgusts me.
Perhaps I could be more sociable and interact with people outside my class, oh well, lets move on.
Yeah, without fail every post lately has to have something to do with my physical training.
I have decided to kill the images cause someone complained that this blog is turning into an amateur porn site.
So I shall talk about self cannibalism.
While some people get fat if they bum around all day, I get skinny and skinnier.
Some people eat a lot when they bum around at home, I hardly eat cause I dislike junk food.
I don't dislike junk food cause I'm health conscious, I simply don't have a appetite for junk food and eating it does me harm instead of good.
By harm I mean eating junk food like potato chip get me sick in no time, and I really hate falling sick.
I hate falling sick so much that I take vitamin c supplements every other day just to prevent myself from falling sick despite knowing that I will become reliant to it.
Yup, so I don't eat much when I bum and this has cost me dearly.
You see for the 4 days of chinese new year, I only wake up after noon so effectively I skipped breakfast.
Then I would snack on the new year goodies (desperately) to ease my hunger cause there wasn't a proper lunch that I felt like eating at home.
The only real meal I would have for the day is dinner where it's usually steamboat.
Then I stop eating cause I have a habit of not eating after dinner; supper is just super bad for heath.
Yup, thus my body when into a compounded cannibalistic mode for 4 days.
For the first 2 days of CNY it wasn't so bad, but by the time I returned to school I felt I was back to being a skeleton.
It was so disgusting that even after my first gym session on wed, I could not bare to look into the mirror twice.
I can't believe that after so much work I'm back to the state where my ribs were showing.
Am I a mummy or what?
I was in so much pain cause I increased the weights for my workout and what I see in the mirror after the workout only adds to the agony.
Fortunately, things changed for the better today.
Arms and shoulders are really important towards boosting the overall look.
I'm glad to say, I almost back on track.
I guess I shouldn't starve myself again.
The formula is to not have a really filling 3 meals a day but to have many many small meals throughout the day to feel full all the time.
Plenty of rest is also really important for the muscles to recover and grow.
Lastly, how can I forget my protein shake.
I know training with protein shake = fast gains and fast losses, but I don't care.
Without protein, it will take years and nobody will train for a year if he doesn't see significant improvements.
Oh ya, I forgot to add that the realisation today (that shoulders and arms are really crucial) also made me realise why my previous workout attempts in the past 2-3 years were ineffective.
Cause I used to only focus on chest and abs.
Alright, time to hit the sacks.
Scott signs off.
No comments:
Post a Comment