So I completed a 5 day cycle of 2 x (chest and abs) , 2 x (shoulders and arms) and 1 day basketball training.
I felt that there was an improvement, but it might be too negligible to be noticed by others.
Nonetheless, here is a pic.(not comparing with last week)
Day 1 (Monday) might seem nicer but I think its only the camera angle and the different pose. In reality, I preferred day 2's (Tuesday) form.
Today 'was' Tuesday, shoulders and arms day.
Was so determined to workout at 9 pm but at my first exercise (dips), I got myself a splitting headache.
I guess it was because I had no prior warm up (plus it was a cold day) and the sudden surge of blood and tension to the head caused something like a "muscle cramp" on the head.
I was in agony for a good 45 mins to an hour.
I rested from the gym to the canteen until I finally relented and went back to lay on the couch.
Fortunately, my determination tided me through and I dragged my arse back to the gym once I was slightly better.
Somehow, I reckoned I should have a good aerobic warm up to get the blood swelling in my head to flow out of it so I decided to run.
Jogged for like 1 km on the treadmill to sweat it all out.(by jogging I meant speed of 11)
Surprisingly, I felt much better after that.
My heart was pumping faster, breathing faster and felt more awake.
Anyway, I also read about how exercising releases endorphins which will act as "painkillers"(during my frantic search for a remedy), thus, I guessed that helped too.
Ya, it was all well after that.
I was mindful to be careful as I trained and I'm glad I completed the day.
I guess this is a lesson learnt.
I should always warm up properly (not treat pull ups or dips as warm ups) and stretch before a workout.
Another issue I would like to talk about today is on the topic of "skinny abs".
Being a "skinny body type" person, I know what are skinny abs.
I've had it for a long long time and I did not need to do anything to maintain it.
It's just on me naturally cause I do not have much body fat.
Do you know that I shrink if I don't exercise(as oppose to get fat)?
Ya so about skinny abs, a lot of skinny guys have skinny abs and they tend to pose it off as real abs and people kind of get 'tricked' into thinking that they are real abs.
Before I continue, I would like to define skinny abs.
It's like a 6 pack shape on a skinny person that is embedded in his skinny core, you can go google some images of skinny abs.
Anyway, this is different from a real abs which have 6 packs popping out of a well toned and defined core.
So, I've been through that stage where I got through it with the phony skinny abs.
But now that I've got past that stage, obviously I would like to highlight the distinction and not make my hard work go to waste(skinny abs need no training).
Yeah so that's all for today.
Scott signs off.
I felt that there was an improvement, but it might be too negligible to be noticed by others.
Nonetheless, here is a pic.(not comparing with last week)
Day 1 (Monday) might seem nicer but I think its only the camera angle and the different pose. In reality, I preferred day 2's (Tuesday) form.
Today 'was' Tuesday, shoulders and arms day.
Was so determined to workout at 9 pm but at my first exercise (dips), I got myself a splitting headache.
I guess it was because I had no prior warm up (plus it was a cold day) and the sudden surge of blood and tension to the head caused something like a "muscle cramp" on the head.
I was in agony for a good 45 mins to an hour.
I rested from the gym to the canteen until I finally relented and went back to lay on the couch.
Fortunately, my determination tided me through and I dragged my arse back to the gym once I was slightly better.
Somehow, I reckoned I should have a good aerobic warm up to get the blood swelling in my head to flow out of it so I decided to run.
Jogged for like 1 km on the treadmill to sweat it all out.(by jogging I meant speed of 11)
Surprisingly, I felt much better after that.
My heart was pumping faster, breathing faster and felt more awake.
Anyway, I also read about how exercising releases endorphins which will act as "painkillers"(during my frantic search for a remedy), thus, I guessed that helped too.
Ya, it was all well after that.
I was mindful to be careful as I trained and I'm glad I completed the day.
I guess this is a lesson learnt.
I should always warm up properly (not treat pull ups or dips as warm ups) and stretch before a workout.
Another issue I would like to talk about today is on the topic of "skinny abs".
Being a "skinny body type" person, I know what are skinny abs.
I've had it for a long long time and I did not need to do anything to maintain it.
It's just on me naturally cause I do not have much body fat.
Do you know that I shrink if I don't exercise(as oppose to get fat)?
Ya so about skinny abs, a lot of skinny guys have skinny abs and they tend to pose it off as real abs and people kind of get 'tricked' into thinking that they are real abs.
Before I continue, I would like to define skinny abs.
It's like a 6 pack shape on a skinny person that is embedded in his skinny core, you can go google some images of skinny abs.
Anyway, this is different from a real abs which have 6 packs popping out of a well toned and defined core.
So, I've been through that stage where I got through it with the phony skinny abs.
But now that I've got past that stage, obviously I would like to highlight the distinction and not make my hard work go to waste(skinny abs need no training).
Yeah so that's all for today.
Scott signs off.

No comments:
Post a Comment