Sunday, March 27, 2016

Relationships

Relationships are weird.
The longer you are together, the more you take each other for granted.
You expect your other half to instinctively know what you want, what you like and what to do,
but when they don't you get disappointed and dejected.

Relationships are weird.
The longer you are together, the harder it is to have the same satisfaction and blissfulness as it used to be.
Dates become duller and more unfulfilling as compared to before, struggling to find meaning and that tinge of excitement and happiness that used to be always present.

I guess it is like what they say, a relationship is a marathon.
It is not always all rainbows and butterflies, but you have to find a way to be content if you want it to work.
Someone once shared her secret to a long lasting marriage, "When I'm are unhappy about something, I try not to dwell on the faults of my other half. Rather, I try to recall the happy moments we shared and the good in him."
I found this particularly useful, thinking about sweet memories never fail to bring a smile to my face when ever I'm feeling upset about something.
It makes me realised why I chose this path and makes me feel happy and blissful again.

A relationship is not easy, but if you really want it to work then you need to work for it!

Cheers,
Scott signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment