Saturday, April 21, 2012

Am I very fat???

First and foremost, I do not care if I appear to be a brainless jock.
If you have an issue with being superficial or you have a mind that goes "ewwwww" at everything, this post would be obscene for you.
Hence, please click the 'X' button at the top right hand corner of the screen if you fall into the above category.

Alright, so for the past 5 days I have been stretching myself daily because, well, I am unemployed and I can afford to do so.
You see, the bright side of paying a fortune for some Pure Yoga membership was that I get to access their newly built Pure Fitness gym at Asia Square till 21 May 2012.
It's a uber cool gym located right smack in the CBD area with very modern equipment.
Other than providing towels, they also provide t-shirt, shorts and socks.
Thus, all you need would be your training shoes and yourself.

The place is generally filled with Caucasian expats, executives from the nearby offices and some tai tais.
So you will not get to see those 'neighbourhood people' that usually flock the community gyms.
Moreover, the gym is largely deserted(perhaps due to its novelty), hence, I do not have to wait to use any equipment.
In fact, most of the time when I was there(3 to 6pm), there were only the trainers and me around.
Thus, despite sticking out like a sore thumb(cos I am like the only youth around), I really love this place cause it has got class and exclusivity.

So, besides the above why do I go there everyday?
A large contributing factor would be the fact that I have nothing to do and ample energy to expand.
But the main reason is that it makes me happy, period.

Despite suffering from the drawbacks of muscle aches and fatigue, I make it a point to drag myself there daily(and I plan to do this till my school starts).
I spend the first 15minutes dreading, but after the endorphin kicks in it gets increasingly fun.
Yes, it's fun and satisfying to lift weights and push my body to the limit.
And the end of every session is what I look forward to the most.
You see, after a good workout the body gets "pumped".
You would know that this has occurred when you can feel the immense tension in all the muscles you have worked (please note that I am not referring to a muscle cramp).
You would also know this when you can't stop looking at yourself in the mirrors(which are conveniently situated on every empty panel in the toilet) and you feel that you totally have the right to walk around topless.
And when people look at you, you put up a facade of being "pai seh" but actually you are secretly feeling very happy inside.

However, this happiness is short lived and the body deflates after about half an hour.
So after 1hr of workout, I am rewarded with 30mins of a magazine cover worthy torso, immense satisfaction and feeling happy for the remaining portion of the day.
Of cos, the ultimate goal is to work towards getting that 'pumped' body to become permanent.

Ok, so after saying so much I shall show you a fairly accurate representation of the fantasy body which I have described courtesy of my deceiving handphone camera.


Skinny, you calling me?

So, do you think I am very fat? (that's my favourite question lately)
Scott signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment