Monday, August 15, 2011

The Public Service promotes inefficiency. Do you agree? [25m]

Duh! I agree!
What happens when a public servant screws up?
He gets a 1 time good 1 scolding, feels emo, but the next day he stills report to work.
What happens when one screws up in the private sector?
Things turn ugly and the next day he no longer need to report to work.

Laziness and laid back are their core values.
Why do more when the bare minimum suffice?
No matter how much you do, you still get paid your monthly prescribed wages.
And as long as you keep working(you won't get laid off anyway), you will get promoted once every few years thanks to wonderful policies in place.
This reassures you that your approach towards work is correct, ideal and should be encouraged.
Good Job!

On the other hand, ambitious and industrious people find this ridiculous.

They do more yet they are not recognised and they get the same pay.
But they can't help it, neither can their boss.
The great bureaucracy says that one can only be promoted once every few years and it can only be one grade at a time.
So they end up earning the same pay as the shit beside them.

This perpetuates, the shit stays and the disgruntled hard working chaps leave, shits becomes an example for the newbies which in turn breeds shit.
So in the end, there has to be numerous recruitment drives to recruit more shit as the shits' productivity is just that minimal and thus there has to be maximum manpower to get things working.
But bringing in more shits means the existing shits realise that there are more shits around to turn the turbine so they can slack a little more.
So the minimal productivity required drops and once again another recruitment drive is required to get the wheel moving again.
The cycle continues and things only gets shitter.

The system realises that there are too much trash around so it starts injecting scholars in a bid to improve itself.
These scholars with their highly enlarged academic brains enter the fray and are treated like gods.
Their star studded paper qualifications shine and shimmer like sacred weapons rendering them immortals and making them above all.
They rise through the ranks without breaking a sweat and start dictating the shits below them.
They start formulating policies to preserve their position, nothing else matters.
They decide what they wanna do and want to do as long as they can get their lackeys to meet the desired targets.
Blah, blah, blah, welcome to Olympus.

This rigged system destroys the natural occurring market forces sown into the fabric of our economy.
It wipes out the very forces which enable competitiveness which in turn breeds efficiency and productivity.
It exterminates the natural system which fawns on productivity and not paper merits or wayangability.
This is instead a great place to rest on your laurels and live a life of monotony.

Why am I saying this?
Cos I'm a disgruntled badass who isn't recognised and awarded as I deserve, even after striving so hard and doing so much.
What do I get for flaunting my stunning capabilities(which is in fact nothing much if i was in a more competitive field)?
No, I don't get to even do higher value jobs(wages aside).
Just a simple few words of "i am impressed!" or "good job!" even from the meanest boss.
How much is that worth?
0 cents, and nothing is going to change. A few months later it will just be part of one's memories.
Appraisals? Commendations?
"Nah, I am too busy(with my own stuff) to move my hands and brains for you. Wait for the official commendation(if there is any) or any initiatives from the top and you can write one for yourself and I'll just endorse it. You are just too insignificant for me to waste my time on."
"Oh you have aspirations?..... Whats that?"

Yeah that's why I'm saying goodbye.
For money, for respect!
Not for "Its just NS", I would love to stay if i was at least recognised.
A bunch of undeserving shitholes on the other hand were "forced" to extend for another 6 months to "turn them into gold" and "boohooohooo" they cry and lament about their "tragic fate" when they secretly love it.
They were hand picked by a freaking (better off not existing) governing body which doesn't know anything about the people they are governing.
Selected due to a lack of better informed(literately) options.

Yeah, I am just a spiteful jealous little loser.
What I say isn't even credible, so CYA!

I think i deserve full 25marks for this marvelous essay!
Scott signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment