I'mma Crowd Please-er.
I like to please everyone.
I like to entertain others, devote my attention and spend effort to make my friend happy.
Even if i have to render myself to discomfort, i'll still do it to please.
Cause if others are happy, I will be happy so its worth it.
If i please others, I please myself.
But as we grow older, as we keep moving through the different phases in life we meet more friends.
And at every phase in life, I seem to get new friend(s) that I get particularly close to.
For that period, we are super close we could roam the world together.
What we have in common at that phase keeps us closely knitted together, we have something we do together, we have a "real time" topic to be perpetually discussing about, it's just like we are taking on the world together.
Even outside work we hang out together.
That friend(s) becomes part of your life and it seems that this wonderful connection would go on forever.
However, as we all know everything will come to an end.
Eventually, that phase in life ceases and I move on.
I enter a new phase and the above process just repeats itself.
So I get a new super best friend who seem impossible(like how in the world did i find someone who clicked so well with me) and naturally I start devoting all my attention to this new friendship.
Eventually, new best friend inches more and more into my personal life and demands more and more attention.
At the same time, best friend from the previous phase is not/cannot be forgotten.
This process repeats itself as I keep moving through the many phases in life.
Everyone demands a share of my attention and I seek to please all.
But like everyone, I only have 24 hours a days and that set amount of energy.
I keep allocating and squeezing time to pay attention to my many friends who are equally important and it keeps getting harder.
Finally, I give up.
Between pleasing others and my occupation, I need time for myself.
I can't please others if I can't please myself.
I'm tired and this is the time where it rebounds.
I go into solitude.
I need to set priories and devote my time accordingly.
Too bad if i can't accord enough time.
I can't please all.
Even if i seek to be a crowd please-er.
Scott signs off
No comments:
Post a Comment